STP Application Process
Insworld will assist students with their STP application once the following documents have been submitted by the student:
Completed STP Online Application Form
- All International Students except for Singaporean, Permanent Resident and Holder of Immigration Exemptions Orders MUST apply for a Student’s Pass (STP) from the Immigration & Checkpoint Authority of Singapore (ICA) to study at Insworld. This includes Dependent’s Pass or Long Term Visit Pass holder. The ICA will process the application for STP and will accordingly grant the student with either a STP or a Letter of Consent (LOC) to allow the student to study at Insworld.
Insworld will forward to the student with a STP application form (if applicable) including the list of documents required by ICA.
- The student must fully complete the STP form and submit to the school with all the required documents as per checklist:-
- Photocopy of Passport
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate
- One Passport size colored photograph on white background taken within the last 3 month.
- Financial Statement (if required)
- Additional information is required if the student is holding a Dependent’s Pass holder, Long Term Pass, or if any of the parent/step-parents is a Permanent Residents or Singapore Nationality.
Incomplete application will not be processed.
- Insworld will assist the student to submit the online application via SOLAR at https://solarplus.ica.gov.sg/solarplus-ica/index.do. The process time is approximately 2 to 4 weeks.
- Once the Student’s Pass is approved, ICA will issue an In-Principle Approval letter (IPA) which will be valid for 2 months. Student may use the IPA letter to enter Singapore on a Social Visit Pass (single entry visa). For Dependent’s Pass or LTVP holder, ICA will issue a LOC for the student to study in Singapore. In some cases, where the DP or LTVP expiry date is shorter than the proposed course of study, ICA may issue an IPA instead.
In the event that the application is unsuccessful the school will assist the student to put in an appeal. The appeal processing time is approximately 4 weeks. Additional information or documents may be required to support the application.
- Insworld will make appointment with ICA for the student for completion of formalities and collecting the Student’s Pass.
- The student will need to prepare the documents as requested in the IPA letter and make the necessary payment as required. Some of the documents required are:-i. Medical Report
ii. Original Passport
iii. Original White Embarkation Card
iv. 1 Passport size photo
v. Others ( as listed in the IPA)
There may be a processing and/or issuance Fee to be paid.
- Insworld will accompany the student to ICA to complete the formalities and collect the STP Card.
For more information on ICA policies and procedures on Student’s Pass, please visit the ICA website.