All Students – except for Singapore nationals, Permanent Residence and Holders of Immigration Exemptions Orders – MUST apply for a Student’s Pass (STP) to study at Insworld Institute. An application for a STP will take approximately 4-6 weeks.


STP Application Process

Note: You may click on the image to enlarge


Insworld will assist students with their STP application once the following documents have been submitted by the student:

1. Completed STP Online Application Form

2. One recent passport sized photograph

3. Photocopy of international passport (bio-data page/s only)

4. Photocopy of birth certificate*

5. Photocopy of academic transcripts and certificates*

* If original certificates/transcripts are in any language other than English, please provide a certified English translation.

  1. Applicants from visa required countries will also need to provide copies of the following:
  • Proof of financial ability in the form of bank statements – minimum amount of SGD30,000
  • A letter from a company confirming the monthly salary/income of the applicant’s parents
  1. Applicants with a parent or spouse who is a Singapore citizen or Permanent Resident in Singapore will need to provide:
  • Copy of parents’/spouse’s Marriage Certificate
  • Parents’/spouse’s highest education certificate
  • Parents’/spouse’s letter of employment or a copy of a Business Registration
  • Certificate if the parent/spouse is self-employed.
  • Parents’/spouse’s monthly CPF contributions for the past 12 months
  • Parents’/spouse’s Tax Assessment Notices for the past 2 years
  1. If the applicant is from the PRC and over 19 years of age, it is possible for the applicant to attend an Interview at the Singapore Embassy in Beijing. The following additional documents should be prepared in advance:
  • Original and photocopies of applicant’s birth certificate*
  • Original and photocopies of highest academic education certificate*
  • Original and photocopies of academic transcripts*
  • 6 months of RMB200,000 in the form of Fixed Deposit Advice
  • Parents’ monthly income statements slips for the past 6 months

*All these certificates must be notarized by the local Chinese Notary Public Office, certified by the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs PRC, as well as the Singapore Embassy/Consulate-General in China.

Approval of Student’s Pass (STP)

Once the STP is approved, the Immigration & Checkpoint Authority of Singapore will provide an In-Principle Approval (IPA) Letter. This is issued to enable the applicant to complete all formalities and collect the Student’s Pass card from the ICA. The student may also use the IPA letter to enter Singapore on a Social Visit Pass (one-time only).

On arrival in Singapore, Insworld will help the student to collect the STP. In addition, The ICA may also want to see more documents

  1. Medical Check
  2. International Passport and Embarkation Card

Medical Check-up

Please click here for a copy of the Medical Check-up Form. The medical examination may be done in Singapore by any registered General Practitioner (GP) at the cost of approximately SGD50.00. Applicants who are in their home countries/places of residence may have their medical examination at any medical clinic licensed to carry out such tests. If HIV testing is done in Singapore, it may be carried out using either rapid or ELISA tests.

Note for Dependent Pass’s Holders Who Are Applying for a STP

Please note that each Dependent’s Pass’s application for a STP will be considered on its merit by the ICA. Either a ‘Letter of Consent’ will be issued, allowing the student to remain on their Dependent Pass or the Pass will be changed to a Student’s Pass.

For more information on ICA policies and procedures on Student’s Pass, please visit the ICA website.