All Students – except for Singaporean, Permanent Residence and Holder of Immigration Exemptions Orders – MUST apply for a Student’s Pass (STP) to study at Insworld Institute. The application for a STP will take approximately 4-6 weeks.
STP Application Process
Note: You may click on the image to enlarge
Insworld will assist with the STP application once the following documents have been submitted by the student:
1. Completed STP Online Application Form
2. One recent passport sized photograph
4. Photocopy of birth certificate*
5. Photocopy of academic transcripts and certificates*
* If original certificates/transcripts are in any language other than English, please provide a certified translation.
Additional documents are required from:
- Applicants from visa required countries will also need to provide copies of the following:
- Proof of financial ability in the form of bank statements – minimum amount of SGD30,000
- A letter from a company confirming the monthly salary/income of the applicant’s parents
- Applicants with a parent/spouse who is a Singaporean or Permanent Resident in Singapore will need to provide:
- Copy of parents/spouses Marriage Certificate
- Parents/spouses highest education certificate
- Parents/spouses letter of employment or a copy of a Business Registration
- Certificate if the parent/spouse is self-employed.
- Parents/spouses monthly CPF contributions for the past 12 months
- Parents/spouses Tax Assessment Notices for the past 2 years
- If the applicant is from the PRC and above 19 years of age, it is possible for the applicant to attend an Interview at the Singapore Embassy in Beijing and the following additional documents should be prepared in advance:
- Original and photocopies of applicant’s birth certificate*
- Original and photocopies of highest academic education certificate*
- Original and photocopies of transcripts*
- 6 months of RMB200,000 in the form of Fixed Deposit Advice
- Parent’s monthly income statements slips for the past 6 months
*All these certificates must be notarized by the local Chinese Notary Public Office, certified by the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, PRC as well as the Singapore Embassy/Consulate-General in China.
Approval of Student’s Pass (STP)
Once the STP is approved, the Immigration & Checkpoint Authority of Singapore will provide an In-Principle Approval (IPA) Letter issued for the applicant to complete the formalities and collect the Student’s Pass card at ICA. The student may also use the IPA letter to enter Singapore on a Social Visit Pass (one-time only).
On arrival in Singapore, Insworld will assist the student to collect the STP. Some of the documents that may be requested are:
- Medical Check
- Security Deposit
- International Passport and the Embarkation Card
Please click here for a copy of the Medical Check-up Form. The medical examination may be done in Singapore by any registered General Practitioner (GP) at the cost of approximately SGD50.00. Applicants who are in their home countries/places of residence may have their home countries/places of residence at any medical clinic licensed to carry out such test. If HIV testing is done in Singapore, it may be carried out with either rapid or ELISA tests.
With effect from 1st April 2013, international students who are required to furnish their Security Deposit (SD) must do so in the form of a Banker’s Guarantee (BG) only. The SD, if required, would be indicated in the In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter issued to students by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA). Please click here for a copy of the Security Bond Form.
The amount of Security Deposit is listed in the table below:
Form of Security Deposit
Rate per person
|Bangladesh, Myanmar, People’s Republic of China & India|
In the form of a Banker’s Guarantee from any established bank in
|Indonesia, Philippines & Thailand|
|Applicants are not required to furnish a Security Deposit if they are:|
- Nationals from Malaysia and Brunei;
- Holders of valid Dependant’s Pass, long term Visit Pass and work pass;
- Children/Spouse of Singapore Citizens/Permanent Residents;
- Foreign students who study in kindergartens registered with MOE/childcare centres licensed by MCYS; Foreign students who attend a full-time course at an approved PEO that is awarded the SQC(PEO)/EduTrust Star/EduTrust status;
- Foreign students who pursue a full-time university degree (Graduate/Post-Graduate) programme, except for the University of London (UOL) tuition programme, at an approved PEO; and Below 16 years old at the point of application.
Student’s can either obtain the banker’s guarantee directly from any bank that is regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), if they wish Insworld will assist the student to purchase a Banker’s Guarantee, rates charged by the bank as per table below:
Duration of Banker’s Guarantee (Months)
SGD1000 & $1500
Note for Dependant Pass’s Holders Who Are Applying for STP
Please note that each Dependent’s Pass’s application for a STP will be considered on its merit by ICA and either a ‘Letter of Consent’ will be issued, allowing the student to remain on a Dependent Pass or the Pass will be changed to a Student’s Pass.
For more information on ICA policies and procedures on Student’s Pass, please visit ICA website.